GENESIS 41 : 25 – 38
Joseph interpreted Pharaoh’s dream to the satisfaction
of Pharaoh, but he didn’t stop with the interpretation.
Read the verses 33 to 36, we can see Joseph’s proactive
way of responding to his own interpretation!
Joseph’s request to Pharaoh to find a wise man, to appoint
officers over the land to collect one-fifth of the produce in
the seven plentiful years and to store the grains as a reserve
are not part of the dream of Pharaoh!
See the convincing action plan of Joseph!
How he arrived at the number one-fifth?
How was it possible for him to explain his proactive strategy so instantaneously with out taking even a fraction of second to
think and ponder over the seriousness of the issue?
A proactive professional?
Pharaoh declared that that was because of the Spirit of GOD!
We claim that we are filled with the Spirit and led by the Spirit,
but where is the proof in our life?
Sometimes we even brag about so many kinds of Spirit baptism
and anointing, but in our personal or professional life rarely we
exhibit Joseph’s kind of proactive thinking!.
Always remember that the Holy Spirit is a Spirit of order!
If a person is having a mind that is undergoing rigorous renewal
by regular meditation of the WORD of GOD, the Spirit of GOD
will help him to exercise proactive thinking!
We concentrate on so many gifts but most of the time ignore the
gift of administration and won’t even consider that as a gift of
Leadership crisis: chaos and confusion; lack of order in our
personal life as well as in our professional life.
Check for yourself.
How many Spirit filled Christians are sincere in their place of
How many of us are actively engaged in making our place of
work a better place by applying the Spirit controlled proactive
Change gear from the reactive mode to the proactive mode!
Even if you don’t like your employer, as you are placed there
by your GOD, you are expected to think about the welfare of our
employer, as if you are working for your GOD, till you leave that
There are enough Christians to prove that they are ‘gifted’ inside
the four walls of the church, but how many of us can show that
we are ‘gifted’ in the market place?
Yes, we are called to be the witnesses throughout the world!
Don’t be passive!
Exercise your proactive skills!
Feed on the WORD!
Renew your mind!
Rest in HIS presence!
Walk in the Spirit!
Not just on Sunday but always!
You know, just one proactive strategy can save a nation from
seven years of famine!
…….BEZALAEL, …………, AND I HAVE FILLED HIM WITH
THE SPIRIT OF GOD, IN WISDOM, IN UNDERSTANDING,
IN KNOWLEDGE, AND IN ALL MANNER OF WORKMANSHIP, ….
…… ( EXODUS 31 : 1,2 & 3 )
MARK 6 : 1 – 6
JESUS preached in His hometown; The message was full of wisdom and power but the people refused to believe in him!
The knowledge about JESUS and His family became a stumbling block for the people to believe him even though they witnessed the wisdom and power of GOD!
Result: JESUS couldn’t do any miracle there!
Dear friend, Knowing JESUS and knowing about JESUS are not the same; Most of us know so many things and details about JESUS but try to live our life without knowing JESUS!.
Because of this knowledge, most of the times we ignore HIS visitations and waste the opportunity to know him more.
Some of us, after a time of closed walk with JESUS, will reach an imaginary saturation stage and after that dissect the WORD as if It
is a corpse in the hands of a medical student preparing the death analysis!
Remember, the WORD of GOD is living!
Don’t handle it like handling a corpse! Pray before, during and after reading the WORD!
When ever you read the WORD, humble yourself and ask for the illumination of the HOLY SPIRIT!
Remember, the people of Nazareth were able to see the power and wisdom of the WORD and even got astonished but that didn’t help them to receive HIM or HIS miracles!
We are reading the WORD not to convince others about our wisdom but to get convicted of our own foolishness!
Allow the WORD of GOD to read you, study you, dissect you and analyse you so that JESUS, the WORD, can do many miracles to and through you! That is the path of blessing!
FOR THE WORD OF GOD IS FULL OF LIVING
POWER. IT IS SHARPER THAN THE SHARPEST
KNIFE, CUTTING DEEP INTO OUR INNERMOST
THOUGHTS AND DESIRES. IT EXPOSES US FOR
WHAT WE REALLY ARE. ( HEBREWS 4 : 12 )
Bless the LORD, who is my rock.
He gives me strength for war and skill for battle.
Strength for war and skill for battle!
Some of us give so much importance to strength and power and we
assume that with power we can crush the strongholds of enemy;
On the other hand, some of us prioritize skill development only and assume skills are enough to defeat the enemy!
But the Word of GOD is very clear;
Strength and skill!
Why you need strength?
Because Christian life and warfare are not a single day’s affair!
We can not assume our yesterday’s victory will keep the enemy away from us today and tomorrow; In fact, after every thwarted plan, that experienced enemy will change his strategy and will wage surprise and ferocious attacks the very next day!
Even if you know the secrets of warfare and the skills to defeat the enemy, if you are not having the strength to fight the next day, in your exhausted state, your skill set will become a null set!
You may not be able to stand even if your fingers are ready to fight!
Hence, waiting in HIS presence and getting regular filling of HIS SPIRIT to have the strength not be ignored!
Why you need skills?
Because Christian life and warfare are not of this world!
Our battle is against the principalities and powers!
If we do not have the skills to discern the enemy’s wiles and schemes, we will be having only shadow boxing!. We are supposed to fight according to the rules!
If the skill to study the Scriptures is not developed properly and on time, our position in Christ and Christ’s position in warfare and the enemy’s position against Christ will all be a distant reality for us in our battles!
Spend time to develop the skills; the skills of absorbing, appropriating and applying the Word!
You need the strength for a prolonged battle;
You need the skill to thwart the wiles of the devil!
The objective TRUTH and the subjective filling of the SPIRIT;
The deadly combination to empty hell and enlarge GOD’s kingdom!
GOD promised; strength for war and skill for battle!
Why focus on only one?
Grow in the WORD and Glow with the SPIRIT!
BUT THANKS BE TO GOD, WHO MADE US HIS
CAPTIVES AND LEAD US ALONG IN CHRIST’S
TRIUMPHAL PROCESSION! ( II CORINTHIANS 2 : 14 )
COLOSSIANS 4 : 7, 8 & 9.
Paul sent the epistle to Colossians and the epistle to
Philemon, two of the four prison epistles, to the Church
at Colosse and the elder Philemon respectively.
Dispatched through Tychicus and Onesimus!
But the content of the letter to Philemon makes
this journey a unique journey;
As we know, Onesimus, a runaway slave, was sent back
to his owner Philemon by Paul. That letter was actually
a personal recommendation of Paul; Philemon’s response
is going to decide the future of Onesimus!
Think about the journey of Onesimus.
Is it not difficult to go back to Philemon’s house?
Is there any assurance that he will be accepted?
Is everything a trap to enslave Onesimus again?
When doubts assail Onesimus, when tempted to change
direction, when the requirements of law disturbs him,
how can he continue his journey?
Yes, he is having the provisions to overcome the crisis;
First, the letter in his hand!
It tells not just his past and future positions but also the
relationship between Paul and Philemon!
Just open the letter, read the recommendations of Paul,
grasp the relationship between Paul and Philemon and
set aside the doubts and walk!
Second, the person Tychicus!
If Onesimus is not convinced about the contents of the
letter or if he is not remembering the contents, then the
companion Tychicus will remind him of the contents and
encourage him to continue his walk; Onesimus is not alone!
Not sure about the future? Journey difficult?
False guilt assails you? Doubts confuse you?
Do you think that GOD won’t accept you?
We are having superior provisions;
Yes, THE WORD, the letter from GOD and,
THE HOLY SPIRIT, the companion sent by GOD!
Yes, Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to open your eyes to
see the secrets from THE WORD;
You can see your forgiveness, your present position,
Your future privilege, the mysterious relationship
between FATHER, SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT,
and, above all, GOD’s loving acceptance of you!
We don’t know, what happened to Onesimus;
But we know, what is going to happen to us!
Because, the letter, THE WORD, we have in our hands
was written and sealed by the blood of THE LAMB!
Set aside your doubts;
Search the Scriptures;
Ask the HOLY SPIRIT’s help;
Walk; continue your journey;
You are so valuable; that is why you are
provided with the BEST COMPANIONS!
Remember, You are not alone!
HOW MUCH MORE SHALL THE BLOOD OF CHRIST,
WHO THROUGH THE ETERNAL SPIRIT OFFERED
HIMSELF WITHOUT SPOT TO GOD, PURGE YOUR
CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS TO SERVE THE
LIVING GOD? ( HEBREWS 9 : 14 ).
MARK 5 : 18 & 19
Region of Gerasenes:
The demon possessed man’s life underwent a dramatic
change in a single encounter with CHRIST;
Yesterday, an uncontrollable, self injuring and howling man;
Today, a humble, Christ honoring and word sharing man;
Yesterday, the most cursed and hated person of that region;
Today, the most blessed and listened person of that region;
One encounter with JESUS; Who can measure that impact?
Tortured again and again by the same secret sin?
Not having the boldness to take a stand for TRUTH?
Confused by the triple attack of world, flesh and devil?
Lost hope of a life of deliverance?
Read the chapter Mark 5 carefully;
If that kind of person’s life can get an U TURN,
Why not our lives?
But, you need an encounter with CHRIST, THE WORD;
How you approach, appreciate, appropriate and apply
The WORD is going to determine your level of victory;
Read and pray;
Pray and read;
Read with prayer;
Pray with reading;
Have frequent, planned encounter;
Let the WORD of GOD dwells in you richly;
That is the one and only way to have an
CHRIST CENTERED, SPIRIT CONTROLLED
I WILL WALK IN FREEDOM, FOR I HAVE DEVOTED
MYSELF TO YOUR COMMANDMENTS! (PSALM 119 : 45)
Today I deliberately choose to submit myself fully to God as He has made Himself known to me through the Holy Scripture which I honestly accept as the only inspired, infallible, authoritative standard for all life and practice. In this day I will not judge God, His work, myself or others on the basis of feelings or circumstances.
1. I recognize by faith that the triune God is worthy of all honor, praise, and worship as the Creator, Sustainer and End of all things. I confess that God, as my Creator made me for Himself. In this day I therefore choose to live for Him. (Rev 5:9-10; Is 43:1, 7, 21; Rev 4:11).
2. I recognize by faith that God loved me and chose me in Jesus Christ before time began (Eph 1: 1-7).
3. I recognize by faith that God has proven His love to me in sending His Son to die in my place, in whom every provision has already been made for my past, present and future needs through His representative work and that I have been quickened, raised, seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenlies, and anointed with the Holy Spirit (Ro 5:6-11; 8:28-39; Phil 1:6; 4:6-7,13, 19; Eph 1:3 ; 2: 5-6; Ac 2: 1-4, 33).
4. I recognize by faith that God has accepted me, since I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour (Jn 1:12; Eph 1:6); that He has forgiven me (Eph 1:7); adopted me into His family, assuming every responsibility for me (Jn 17:11,17; Eph 1:5; Phil 1: 6); given me eternal life (Jn 3:36; 1Jn 5: 9-13); applied the perfect righteousness of Christ to me so that I am now justified (Ro 5:1; 8: 3-4; 10: 4); made me complete in Christ (Col 2:10); and offers Himself to me as my daily sufficiency through prayer and the decisions of faith (1 Co 1:30; Col 1:27; Gal 2:20; Jn 14: 13-14; Mt 21:22; Ro 6:1-19; Heb 4: 1-3,11).
5. I recognize by faith that the Holy Spirit has baptized me into the Body of Christ(1 Co 12:13); sealed me (Eph 1:13-14); anointed me for life and service(Ac 1:8; Jn 7:37-39); seeks to lead me into a deeper walk with Jesus Christ (Jn 14:16-18; 15:26-27; 16:13-15; Ro 8:11-16); and to fill my life with Himself (Eph 5:18).
6. I recognize by faith that only God can deal with sin and only God can produce holiness of life. I confess that in my salvation my part was only to receive Him and that He dealt with my sin and saved me. Now I confess that in order to live a holy life. I can only surrender to His will and receive Him as my sanctification; trusting Him to do whatever may be necessary in my life, without and within, so I may be enabled to live today in purity, freedom, rest and power for His glory (Jn 1:12; 1 Co 1:30; 2 Co 9:8; Gal 2:20; Heb 4: 9; 1 Jn 5:4 Jude 24).
Having Confessed that God is worthy of all praise, that the Scriptures are the only authoritive standard, that only God can deal with sin and produce holiness of life, I again recognize my total dependence upon Him and submission to Him. I accept the truth that praying in faith is absolutely necessary for the realization of the will and grace of God in my daily life ( 1 Jn 5: 14-15; Ja 2:6; 4:2-3; 5:16-18; Phil 4:6-7; Heb 4: 1-13; 11:6, 24-28).
Recognizing that faith is a total response to God by which the daily provisions the Lord has furnished in Himself are appropriated, I therefore make the following decisions of faith:
1. For this day (Heb 3:6, 13, 15:4:7) I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as He has revealed Himself in the Scripture – to obey Him. I confess my sin, face the sinful reality of my old nature, and deliberately choose to walk in the light, in step with Christ, throughout the hours of this day (Ro 6: 16-20; Phil 2:12-13;1 Jn 1:7,9).
2. For this day I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as revealed in the Scripture to believe Him. I accept only His Word as final authority. I now believe that since I have confessed my sin, He has forgiven and cleansed me (1 Jn 1:9). I accept at full value His word of promise to be my sufficiency and rest, and will conduct myself accordingly (Ex 33:1; 1 Co 1:30; 2 Co 9:8; Phil 4:19).
3. For this day I make the decision of faith to recognize that God has made every provision so that I may fulfill His will and calling. Therefore, I will not make any excuse for my sin and failure(1 Th 5:24).
4. For this day I make the decision of faith deliberately to receive from God that provision which He has made for me. I renounce all self-effort to live the Christian life and to perform God’s service; renounce all sinful praying which asks God to change circumstances and people so that I may be more spiritual; renounce all drawing back
from the work of the Holy Spirit within and the call of God without; and renounce all nonbiblical motives, goals, and activities which serve my sinful pride.
a. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my cleansing from the old nature, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of Christ accomplished for me in the crucifixion. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “put off the old man” (Ro 6:1; 1 Co 1:30; Gal 6:14; Eph 4:22).
b. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my enablement moment by moment to live above sin, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the resurrection so that I may walk in newness of life. I confess that only God can deal with my sin and only God can produce holiness and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “Put on the new man” (Ro 6: 1-4; Eph 4: 24).
c. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my deliverance from Satan and take my position with Him in the heavenlies, asking the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the ascension. In His Name I submit myself to God and stand against all of Satan’s influence and subtlety. In cooperation with and dependence upon God, I obey the command to “resist the devil” (Eph 1:20-23; 2:5; 4:27; 6:10-18; Col 1 :13; Heb 2:14-15; Ja 4:7; 1Pe 3:22; 5:8-9).
d. I now sincerely receive the Holy Spirit as my anointing for every aspect of life and service for today. I fully open my life to Him to fill me afresh in obedience to the command to “be filled with the Holy Spirit” (Eph 5:18; Jn 7:37-39; 14:16-17; 15:26-27; 16:7-15; Ac 1:8).
Having made this confession and these decisions of faith, I now receive God’s promised rest for this day (Heb 4:1-13). Therefore, I relax in the trust of faith, knowing that in the moment of temptation, trial, or need, the Lord Himself will be there as my strength and sufficiency (1 Co 10:13).
From the book ‘THE ADVERSARY’ by Marc Bubec.