After so many years of wandering, finally the Israelites
were ready to possess the promised land.
Of the twelve tribes of Israel, the tribes of Reuben, Gad, and
the half tribe of Manasseh were the first to settle.
They were allotted their portion on the other side of Jordan.
The remaining nine and half tribes were to cross Jordan.
Think about the two and half tribes who got their portion;
After so many years of sufferings and wanderings, was it
not the time to take rest?
Was it not the time to relax and enjoy?
Was it not the time to build big houses ?
Was it not the time to celebrate?
No, Read Joshua’s instruction!
Those who received their portion first should also cross the
Jordan and go with the nine and half tribes till all the tribes
get their portion!
But there was a challenge!
They were supposed to leave their wives, children and
cattle there on the other side of Jordan and only the
men were going to cross Jordan!
New land; New challenges and threats; Leaving the
women and children there and moving forward was not
In fact, the extended journey was not even for the welfare
of their tribes but for the remaining tribes;
Further, when the nine and half tribes were travelling with
their families and enjoying the family, the two and half tribes
had to walk all alone carrying their family in their heart?
Thoughts and tensions about the protection and the provision
for their families, their lonelines and their sacrifices didn’t stop
their move! They trusted their GOD and crossed Jordan!
They came first; They were expected to serve first!
Is it not strange, now, those of us who got blessed first,
relax and enjoy without bothering about others?
We got victory first so that we help others to attain victory!
We got blessed first so that we help others to get blessed!
How many of us are happily settled and enjoying the
blessings when our brethren are wandering?
Know your responsibility!
Trust HIM and fight for your brethren!
First come? First serve!
It is mandatory and not an option!
Let us enter and enjoy THE REST together!
WHAT’S MORE, WHO CAN SAY BUT THAT
YOU HAVE BEEN ELEVATED TO THE PALACE
FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS? ( ESTHER 4 : 14 )
LUKE 15 : 16 & 23
When the younger son came back to his father, the father commanded his servants to kill a fattened calf and arrange a special feast.
Feast is to be enjoyed not just by the son and his father, but also by the servants.
Good, but have you noticed a peculiar thing?
Yesterday, the lonely, ignored and hungry younger son was taking care of swine and was longing for the pods that swine ate;
Today, he is at rest and because of him a big crowd was enjoying a fattened calf merry feast!.
Oh, the power of true repentance and the depth of His Grace!.
The younger son became a GRACE CATERER!
You know, our Father is so rich and is having billions of
He is willing to make you a grace caterer, if you come back from your swine following, your secret life!
You can become a blessing to His servants;
But, you should have a genuine repentance!
Running behind the swines and longing for their pod?
Away from THE FATHER ? How long?
Please repent and come back to HIS house!
Be a part of the great team of GRACE CATERERS!
HE is waiting; HIS servants are waiting;
Why still behind the swine?
HIS grace shall make you a blessing!
THE LIPS OF THE RIGHTEOUS FEED MANY,
BUT FOOLS DIE FOR LACK OF WISDOM(PROVERBS 10: 21)
GENESIS 16: 9.
Hagar: A slave from Egypt; a maidservant of Sarah;
No great expectations; No pride and prejudice; But
Because of the momentary decision taken by the frustrated Sarah,
Hagar’s life and Sarah’s frustrations gained momentum!.
You know, decisions taken at frustrated moments will surely beget more frustrations; Enter His rest before making decisions!
Sarah suffered, felt inferior; not willing to accept even her own expectations about her family’s future;
Late revelations: Abraham’s baby is not my baby!;
Sarah went to the next extreme; dealt harshly with Hagar and she fled;
Abraham? So silent; father of faith had a black spot of doubt?
Silently accepted Sarah’s suggestion; Silently enjoyed Hagar’s embrace;
Silently supported Sarah’s madness; Silently watched Hagar’s escape!
But Poor Hagar,
What was her mistake?! Why she had to suffer for their foolishness?
She was used, misused and abused; treated like a wooden toy;
No respect for her personality, her feelings and emotions;
Better to quit; resign; escape; Her decision to run away justified!
But God? Is He watching? Why He allowed this?
GOD, who was silent up to that moment, sent an angel;
To acknowledge her decision? To console her?; No!
To send her back to her mistress; to submit herself under her hand!
Is it not cruel? Is this visitation and the message from GOD’s angel?
Is it logical? Will they accept? Even if they accept, how will they treat?
Will they punish, the punishment for a runaway slave?
See Hagar, no questions asked; no ifs and buts; simply obeyed!
The secret: The assurance she got ‘ YOU ARE THE GOD WHO SEES’.
Submitting to Sarah may become suffocating, but it does not matter!
If we have the assurance ‘ EL ROI’, no submission will be suffocating!
Hagar didn’t think about the wisdom in that command, like most of us.
But see the consequences and the rewards!.( Genesis 16 & 17 ).
1. Abraham’s house, even if Sarah was fuming, was the safest place for the delivery.
2. Her son was acknowledged as Abraham’s son; in the wilderness,
nobody would have accepted that as a legitimate child!
3. Abraham named the child Ishmael, meaning GOD hears; even the name
selected by GOD.
4. Because of the intervention of GOD, through the angelic visitation,
her status got changed; from just a slave to mother of ‘GOD hears’.
5. Her son Ishmael got circumcised as a mark of a covenant with GOD.
6. At least thirteen more years of peaceful dwelling in the land; no more
torture mentioned in the Word.
7. Specific blessings to Ishmael were uttered to Abraham by the angel.
8. Silent Abraham becoming struggling Abraham, struggling to send her away when Sarah revolted the second time. A bond created. Oh! the assurance of being loved( Genesis 21 : 11).
A name, a bond, a place, a status, a covenant, a blessing, a prophecy,
an assurance and much more; just because of single act of blind obedience; ignoring the temporal suffering by reckoning the great truth;
‘ EL ROI- GOD SEES and ISHMAEL – GOD HEARS’.
Praise the Lord, Hagar obeyed!
Tell me friends; Which costs more, obedience or disobedience?
No one to understand your sufferings?, no one to wipe away your tears?,
Feeling just used and thrown away? frustrated by passive Abraham?
Tortured by selfish Sarah? Bewildered by GOD’s silence?
GOD is silent, but not blind and deaf;
HE SEES, not just you, even your future!
HE HEARS, not just your voice, even your afflictions!
HE KNOWS, and HE wants to protect and bless you!
Don’t doubt GOD’s wisdom and instructions!. Just obey!.
You may not understand The INFINITE’s plan with your finite mind;
But, one day you will surely testify: EL ROI!;
Man’s manipulations and Satan’s subtleties won’t touch you,
If you dwell in the secret place of the MOST HIGH!
You know, the surrendered life is always a successful life!
FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE ON THE RIGHTEOUS,
AND HIS EARS ARE OPEN TO THEIR PRAYERS…(I PETER 3 : 12)
HAVE YOU NOTICED?
II KINGS 5 : 14 : Syrian commander in River Jordan;
Not to take bath, but to obey the words of Elisha;
He dipped seven times, his flesh was restored;
Restored like the flesh of a little child!
His leprosy gone; he was clean; A clean miracle!.
Wait, restored like the flesh of a little child?
But,what was his age? a commander, might be thirty plus!
After the miracle, he did not get the flesh of a thirty plus,
But, much more than that, like the flesh of a little child!
Total transformation; A brand new start;
Much more than the expectations;
He expected just healing from the leprosy,
But, why so much?
My cup runs over!
What we expected was just a drop, some relief;
Deliverance from the enemy;
But a table in front of our enemies and
Our cups runs over; Just filling the cups will do,
But, why so much?
As a sinner we stood far from His Presence;
Expecting just forgiveness, some relief;
Willing to be servants and slaves, away from the enemy;
But eternal life, the seal, the gifts, the position in Christ;
Abundant life, exceedingly great promises, Royal priesthood;
The authority, The Word, The Spirit;
And above all, the right to call Him ‘ABBA FATHER’!
Just deliverance from sin and darkness will do,
But, why so much?
Because, GOD SO LOVED ….,
From His side, why so much?
But from our side, why so little?
OH, THE DEPTH OF THE RICHES BOTH OF THE WISDOM
AND KNOWLEDGE OF GOD! (ROMANS 11 : 33)
Today I deliberately choose to submit myself fully to God as He has made Himself known to me through the Holy Scripture which I honestly accept as the only inspired, infallible, authoritative standard for all life and practice. In this day I will not judge God, His work, myself or others on the basis of feelings or circumstances.
1. I recognize by faith that the triune God is worthy of all honor, praise, and worship as the Creator, Sustainer and End of all things. I confess that God, as my Creator made me for Himself. In this day I therefore choose to live for Him. (Rev 5:9-10; Is 43:1, 7, 21; Rev 4:11).
2. I recognize by faith that God loved me and chose me in Jesus Christ before time began (Eph 1: 1-7).
3. I recognize by faith that God has proven His love to me in sending His Son to die in my place, in whom every provision has already been made for my past, present and future needs through His representative work and that I have been quickened, raised, seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenlies, and anointed with the Holy Spirit (Ro 5:6-11; 8:28-39; Phil 1:6; 4:6-7,13, 19; Eph 1:3 ; 2: 5-6; Ac 2: 1-4, 33).
4. I recognize by faith that God has accepted me, since I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour (Jn 1:12; Eph 1:6); that He has forgiven me (Eph 1:7); adopted me into His family, assuming every responsibility for me (Jn 17:11,17; Eph 1:5; Phil 1: 6); given me eternal life (Jn 3:36; 1Jn 5: 9-13); applied the perfect righteousness of Christ to me so that I am now justified (Ro 5:1; 8: 3-4; 10: 4); made me complete in Christ (Col 2:10); and offers Himself to me as my daily sufficiency through prayer and the decisions of faith (1 Co 1:30; Col 1:27; Gal 2:20; Jn 14: 13-14; Mt 21:22; Ro 6:1-19; Heb 4: 1-3,11).
5. I recognize by faith that the Holy Spirit has baptized me into the Body of Christ(1 Co 12:13); sealed me (Eph 1:13-14); anointed me for life and service(Ac 1:8; Jn 7:37-39); seeks to lead me into a deeper walk with Jesus Christ (Jn 14:16-18; 15:26-27; 16:13-15; Ro 8:11-16); and to fill my life with Himself (Eph 5:18).
6. I recognize by faith that only God can deal with sin and only God can produce holiness of life. I confess that in my salvation my part was only to receive Him and that He dealt with my sin and saved me. Now I confess that in order to live a holy life. I can only surrender to His will and receive Him as my sanctification; trusting Him to do whatever may be necessary in my life, without and within, so I may be enabled to live today in purity, freedom, rest and power for His glory (Jn 1:12; 1 Co 1:30; 2 Co 9:8; Gal 2:20; Heb 4: 9; 1 Jn 5:4 Jude 24).
Having Confessed that God is worthy of all praise, that the Scriptures are the only authoritive standard, that only God can deal with sin and produce holiness of life, I again recognize my total dependence upon Him and submission to Him. I accept the truth that praying in faith is absolutely necessary for the realization of the will and grace of God in my daily life ( 1 Jn 5: 14-15; Ja 2:6; 4:2-3; 5:16-18; Phil 4:6-7; Heb 4: 1-13; 11:6, 24-28).
Recognizing that faith is a total response to God by which the daily provisions the Lord has furnished in Himself are appropriated, I therefore make the following decisions of faith:
1. For this day (Heb 3:6, 13, 15:4:7) I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as He has revealed Himself in the Scripture – to obey Him. I confess my sin, face the sinful reality of my old nature, and deliberately choose to walk in the light, in step with Christ, throughout the hours of this day (Ro 6: 16-20; Phil 2:12-13;1 Jn 1:7,9).
2. For this day I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as revealed in the Scripture to believe Him. I accept only His Word as final authority. I now believe that since I have confessed my sin, He has forgiven and cleansed me (1 Jn 1:9). I accept at full value His word of promise to be my sufficiency and rest, and will conduct myself accordingly (Ex 33:1; 1 Co 1:30; 2 Co 9:8; Phil 4:19).
3. For this day I make the decision of faith to recognize that God has made every provision so that I may fulfill His will and calling. Therefore, I will not make any excuse for my sin and failure(1 Th 5:24).
4. For this day I make the decision of faith deliberately to receive from God that provision which He has made for me. I renounce all self-effort to live the Christian life and to perform God’s service; renounce all sinful praying which asks God to change circumstances and people so that I may be more spiritual; renounce all drawing back
from the work of the Holy Spirit within and the call of God without; and renounce all nonbiblical motives, goals, and activities which serve my sinful pride.
a. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my cleansing from the old nature, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of Christ accomplished for me in the crucifixion. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “put off the old man” (Ro 6:1; 1 Co 1:30; Gal 6:14; Eph 4:22).
b. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my enablement moment by moment to live above sin, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the resurrection so that I may walk in newness of life. I confess that only God can deal with my sin and only God can produce holiness and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “Put on the new man” (Ro 6: 1-4; Eph 4: 24).
c. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my deliverance from Satan and take my position with Him in the heavenlies, asking the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the ascension. In His Name I submit myself to God and stand against all of Satan’s influence and subtlety. In cooperation with and dependence upon God, I obey the command to “resist the devil” (Eph 1:20-23; 2:5; 4:27; 6:10-18; Col 1 :13; Heb 2:14-15; Ja 4:7; 1Pe 3:22; 5:8-9).
d. I now sincerely receive the Holy Spirit as my anointing for every aspect of life and service for today. I fully open my life to Him to fill me afresh in obedience to the command to “be filled with the Holy Spirit” (Eph 5:18; Jn 7:37-39; 14:16-17; 15:26-27; 16:7-15; Ac 1:8).
Having made this confession and these decisions of faith, I now receive God’s promised rest for this day (Heb 4:1-13). Therefore, I relax in the trust of faith, knowing that in the moment of temptation, trial, or need, the Lord Himself will be there as my strength and sufficiency (1 Co 10:13).
From the book ‘THE ADVERSARY’ by Marc Bubec.