MARK 6 : 1 – 6
JESUS preached in His hometown; The message was full of wisdom and power but the people refused to believe in him!
The knowledge about JESUS and His family became a stumbling block for the people to believe him even though they witnessed the wisdom and power of GOD!
Result: JESUS couldn’t do any miracle there!
Dear friend, Knowing JESUS and knowing about JESUS are not the same; Most of us know so many things and details about JESUS but try to live our life without knowing JESUS!.
Because of this knowledge, most of the times we ignore HIS visitations and waste the opportunity to know him more.
Some of us, after a time of closed walk with JESUS, will reach an imaginary saturation stage and after that dissect the WORD as if It
is a corpse in the hands of a medical student preparing the death analysis!
Remember, the WORD of GOD is living!
Don’t handle it like handling a corpse! Pray before, during and after reading the WORD!
When ever you read the WORD, humble yourself and ask for the illumination of the HOLY SPIRIT!
Remember, the people of Nazareth were able to see the power and wisdom of the WORD and even got astonished but that didn’t help them to receive HIM or HIS miracles!
We are reading the WORD not to convince others about our wisdom but to get convicted of our own foolishness!
Allow the WORD of GOD to read you, study you, dissect you and analyse you so that JESUS, the WORD, can do many miracles to and through you! That is the path of blessing!
FOR THE WORD OF GOD IS FULL OF LIVING
POWER. IT IS SHARPER THAN THE SHARPEST
KNIFE, CUTTING DEEP INTO OUR INNERMOST
THOUGHTS AND DESIRES. IT EXPOSES US FOR
WHAT WE REALLY ARE. ( HEBREWS 4 : 12 )
RUTH 1 : 6 – 18
Generation after generation, may be throughout the world,
the word mother-in-law seems to be the most hated word by
most of the young women!
It is almost impossible to see a healthy relationship between
the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law.
But our Bible silently challenges us all about this!
Even though the Book of Ruth seems to deal with the
redemption story, in its lines, subtly and silently, Ruth and
Naomi exhibits the victory of power of love over love of
power in their relationship.
In fact, the entire book of Ruth may be treated as a manual!.
You know the story!
Even if every thing is peaceful , having a healthy relationship
is so difficult, but here we see, even in the most adverse circumstances Naomi and Ruth breaking our traditional view
about tough relationships!
Even if the husband is alive, many a young woman prefer not
to spend much time with the mother-in-law, but even after her husband’s death Ruth was so stubborn in her decision to go
to an unknown land with her mother-in-law!
Daughter-in-law or daughter-in-love?
Is it possible?
Not just Ruth, but even Naomi, with all her loss and suffering,
was so meticulous and relentless in her attempt to bring Ruth
and Boaz closer!
In fact one of the point that moved Boaz was the news he
heard about the relationship between Ruth and Naomi!
Even after the marriage, Naomi didn’t just disappear from the
scene but active in taking care of their children!
Mother-in-law or mother-in-love?
Is it possible?
It looks like a fairy tale, is it not so?
I am not just writing about the in-laws relationship; we all know
that we all are having one or other challenging person in our
life loving whom is almost impossible!
Christian master torturing servant;
Senior pastor silencing juniors;
Rich Christians ignoring poor;
Color and caste biased disciples;
Matured saints and new converts;
The list of unhealthy relationships, we traditionally accepted
as normal, seems endless;
We simply ignore the Biblical truth
about love and carefully hide under the shelter of fellowship
of like-minded people!
We ‘label’ and ‘set aside’ some people without realizing the
way the HOLY GOD opened the WAY for the unworthy
sinners like us!
We preach grace but seldom exhibit grace!
The battle between power of love and the love of power is the ultimate test to prove a person as a disciple!
Power of love overcoming love of power is almost impossible!
But, nothing is impossible to GOD!
BUT IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT AS HE IS IN
THE LIGHT, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH
ONE ANOTHER AND THE BLOOD OF
JESUS CHRIST HIS SON CLEANSES US
FROM ALL SIN ( I JOHN 1 : 7 )
JUDE 14 & 15
Jude quotes Enoch’s preaching!
But, if we go back to the book of GENESIS 5,
Enoch’s 365 years of life in this earth was mentioned
in just seven verses( verses 18 to 24 )!
Even in these seven verses, not even a single verse
mentions anything about his preaching or prophesy.
Somehow, the book of GENESIS, failed to record his
But after thousands of years, Jude quotes Enoch and
What happened in the first few chapters of the Bible,
but was not recorded there, is clearly explained in the
last but one book of the Bible!
Some times when we see the limelight and statistics
of some other preachers, do we silently enter a shell
of inferiority complex?
Our small groups, simple messages, silent prayers,
struggles and burdens may not be getting any place
in the annals of modern mission movement, but be
sure of one thing, in HIS book all your deeds of love
and labor will be promptly recorded and, if necessary,
HE will bring your work to limelight!
If GOD is so faithful to record Enoch’s preaching, why
Continue your good work!
AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT HEARTILY, AS TO
THE LORD AND NOT TO MEN, KNOWING THAT
FROM THE LORD YOU WILL RECEIVE THE REWARD
OF INHERITANCE, FOR YOU SERVE THE LORD CHRIST.
( COLOSSIANS 3 : 23 & 24 )
II KINGS 5 : 1 – 7
Naaman, the Syrian commander had leprosy;
Perspective 1 : A young Israelite servant girl in Naaman’s
house believed and boldly declared that her land was having
the potential to heal Naaman’s sickness.
Perspective 2 : When Naaman handed over his king’s letter
to the king of Israel, the king of Israel considered it as a trap
of his enemies to destroy him and his land.
A slave girl in another country was able to see the opportunity;
But the king perceived the same information as a deadly trap!
Reason: The King’s lack of knowledge and trust about
the available resources and potential of his own land!
Consequence: He tore his clothes, murmured like a mad man,
made hasty theories and disturbed his own people.
The timely intervention of Elisha blocked the after effects.
Once in a while, GOD will send a Naaman to your neighborhood.
You can ignore him or run away from him or bring him closer to your GOD!
Your perspective about his problem has the potential, not
just, to set him free but also to change his perspective about
your faith; To set him free from the false worship!
But your perspective depends on your personal knowledge
of your GOD and his WORD!
So, give attention to reading!
THE ENTRANCE OF YOUR WORDS GIVES LIGHT;
IT GIVES UNDERSTANDING TO THE SIMPLE(PSALM 119:130)
COLOSSIANS 4 : 7, 8 & 9.
Paul sent the epistle to Colossians and the epistle to
Philemon, two of the four prison epistles, to the Church
at Colosse and the elder Philemon respectively.
Dispatched through Tychicus and Onesimus!
But the content of the letter to Philemon makes
this journey a unique journey;
As we know, Onesimus, a runaway slave, was sent back
to his owner Philemon by Paul. That letter was actually
a personal recommendation of Paul; Philemon’s response
is going to decide the future of Onesimus!
Think about the journey of Onesimus.
Is it not difficult to go back to Philemon’s house?
Is there any assurance that he will be accepted?
Is everything a trap to enslave Onesimus again?
When doubts assail Onesimus, when tempted to change
direction, when the requirements of law disturbs him,
how can he continue his journey?
Yes, he is having the provisions to overcome the crisis;
First, the letter in his hand!
It tells not just his past and future positions but also the
relationship between Paul and Philemon!
Just open the letter, read the recommendations of Paul,
grasp the relationship between Paul and Philemon and
set aside the doubts and walk!
Second, the person Tychicus!
If Onesimus is not convinced about the contents of the
letter or if he is not remembering the contents, then the
companion Tychicus will remind him of the contents and
encourage him to continue his walk; Onesimus is not alone!
Not sure about the future? Journey difficult?
False guilt assails you? Doubts confuse you?
Do you think that GOD won’t accept you?
We are having superior provisions;
Yes, THE WORD, the letter from GOD and,
THE HOLY SPIRIT, the companion sent by GOD!
Yes, Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to open your eyes to
see the secrets from THE WORD;
You can see your forgiveness, your present position,
Your future privilege, the mysterious relationship
between FATHER, SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT,
and, above all, GOD’s loving acceptance of you!
We don’t know, what happened to Onesimus;
But we know, what is going to happen to us!
Because, the letter, THE WORD, we have in our hands
was written and sealed by the blood of THE LAMB!
Set aside your doubts;
Search the Scriptures;
Ask the HOLY SPIRIT’s help;
Walk; continue your journey;
You are so valuable; that is why you are
provided with the BEST COMPANIONS!
Remember, You are not alone!
HOW MUCH MORE SHALL THE BLOOD OF CHRIST,
WHO THROUGH THE ETERNAL SPIRIT OFFERED
HIMSELF WITHOUT SPOT TO GOD, PURGE YOUR
CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS TO SERVE THE
LIVING GOD? ( HEBREWS 9 : 14 ).
LUKE 1 : 1 – 4
The Gospel according to Luke; One more Gospel?
Check the first four verses carefully?
1. Luke’s target: Most honorable Theophilus, some official.
But, is it necessary to write a detailed account of 24 chapters just
to convince only one person? Remember no word processing tools.
WILL YOU DO THAT? JUST FOR ONE PERSON?
2. ‘Many people have written accounts …’. Wait please!
When so many other versions are already available, why torture
yourself? Is it necessary? Why you have to write? Just for Theophilus?
Cut, paste, send. Why so much labor and pain?
WILL YOU DO THAT? EVEN IF YOU ARE AN ONE MORE PERSON?
3. ‘ What I received from the eyewitnesses …’ .
Not an Apostle, not even an eyewitness?. Stop writing.
Who will believe you, if you are not an eyewitness?
Why wasting time, money and energy?. Please stop!
WILL YOU DO THAT? EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE ELITE LIST?
4. ‘ I decided to write it down ‘. What, You decided?
No instruction from the Church at Jerusalem?
No office order from Theophanyilus? No Angelic visitation?
You decided?. Better stop that and relax. Do something else!.
WILL YOU DO THAT? EVEN IF THE WORLD IS NOT EXPECTING IT?
5. ‘ What you have been taught already…’. Theophilus knew it?
Already known Theophilus should take the initiative to grow!
Why you bother? What extra you are going to do?
WILL YOU DO THAT? EVEN IF THEOPHILUS KNEW IT ALREADY?
6. ‘ I carefully investigated the facts…’. Research?
Theophilus knew it, you got it from the eyewitnesses, enough!
Your writing itself is meaningless; why careful investigation?
Research, analysis and personal interviews? Brain storming?
WILL YOU DO THAT? EVEN IF IT CAN BE MANAGED SOMEHOW?.
7. ‘ Our dear friend Luke, the physician..( Colossians 4 : 14).
You are a physician, not a writer, by profession? Then why?
Just excel in your work for the Glory of God!. We have more people!
You accompany Paul in his mission trips? Is that not enough?
GOD will send some one else, You may even sponsor him!
Why waste your training, talents, treasures and time?
WILL YOU DO THAT? EVEN IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL?
Yes, it is not one more Gospel. Even after 2000 years, it is still
speaking, still convicting and converting, still in circulation!
The eternal impact!
Do you know some interesting facts?
Luke’s Gospel only gives us the more detailed account of JESUS
Birth than any other gospel!
At least 18 parables of JESUS, including that of Prodigal son,
are only in Luke!
At least 13 women who followed JESUS, you see only in Luke.
Chapters 1 & 2 and then 10 to 19, so unique contents, only in Luke!
Historical records, Kings names, places and census you can find only
But, his name is not at all coming, not even once, in his writings!
Targeting only one person, but against all the odds, Luke wrote it.
1.Many wrote Gospels; but only four were accepted as Divinely inspired. Luke’s writing is one among the four. Luke is not even a Jew. A Greek. The Reward! His writings are in the Bible.
You know, he didn’t even think in that direction.
2. Many wrote Gospels; but to write the Acts of Apostles, the mantle is
only on Luke!. You know, he was not even an Apostle!
Dear friends, what kind of excuse you can give for your lifestyle?
Busy? Not qualified, Not needed?, People are there? Not my calling?
I give money? Some how I will complete? Only few people?
Remember Luke, Identify your Theophilus!
No quantity does not mean no quality!
Your work will have an eternal impact!
I HAVE PUT BEFORE YOU AN OPEN DOOR
THAT NO ONE CAN SHUT ……( REVELATION 3 : 8 )
Work your schedule around God
don’t try to work God in around your schedule
Today I deliberately choose to submit myself fully to God as He has made Himself known to me through the Holy Scripture which I honestly accept as the only inspired, infallible, authoritative standard for all life and practice. In this day I will not judge God, His work, myself or others on the basis of feelings or circumstances.
1. I recognize by faith that the triune God is worthy of all honor, praise, and worship as the Creator, Sustainer and End of all things. I confess that God, as my Creator made me for Himself. In this day I therefore choose to live for Him. (Rev 5:9-10; Is 43:1, 7, 21; Rev 4:11).
2. I recognize by faith that God loved me and chose me in Jesus Christ before time began (Eph 1: 1-7).
3. I recognize by faith that God has proven His love to me in sending His Son to die in my place, in whom every provision has already been made for my past, present and future needs through His representative work and that I have been quickened, raised, seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenlies, and anointed with the Holy Spirit (Ro 5:6-11; 8:28-39; Phil 1:6; 4:6-7,13, 19; Eph 1:3 ; 2: 5-6; Ac 2: 1-4, 33).
4. I recognize by faith that God has accepted me, since I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour (Jn 1:12; Eph 1:6); that He has forgiven me (Eph 1:7); adopted me into His family, assuming every responsibility for me (Jn 17:11,17; Eph 1:5; Phil 1: 6); given me eternal life (Jn 3:36; 1Jn 5: 9-13); applied the perfect righteousness of Christ to me so that I am now justified (Ro 5:1; 8: 3-4; 10: 4); made me complete in Christ (Col 2:10); and offers Himself to me as my daily sufficiency through prayer and the decisions of faith (1 Co 1:30; Col 1:27; Gal 2:20; Jn 14: 13-14; Mt 21:22; Ro 6:1-19; Heb 4: 1-3,11).
5. I recognize by faith that the Holy Spirit has baptized me into the Body of Christ(1 Co 12:13); sealed me (Eph 1:13-14); anointed me for life and service(Ac 1:8; Jn 7:37-39); seeks to lead me into a deeper walk with Jesus Christ (Jn 14:16-18; 15:26-27; 16:13-15; Ro 8:11-16); and to fill my life with Himself (Eph 5:18).
6. I recognize by faith that only God can deal with sin and only God can produce holiness of life. I confess that in my salvation my part was only to receive Him and that He dealt with my sin and saved me. Now I confess that in order to live a holy life. I can only surrender to His will and receive Him as my sanctification; trusting Him to do whatever may be necessary in my life, without and within, so I may be enabled to live today in purity, freedom, rest and power for His glory (Jn 1:12; 1 Co 1:30; 2 Co 9:8; Gal 2:20; Heb 4: 9; 1 Jn 5:4 Jude 24).
Having Confessed that God is worthy of all praise, that the Scriptures are the only authoritive standard, that only God can deal with sin and produce holiness of life, I again recognize my total dependence upon Him and submission to Him. I accept the truth that praying in faith is absolutely necessary for the realization of the will and grace of God in my daily life ( 1 Jn 5: 14-15; Ja 2:6; 4:2-3; 5:16-18; Phil 4:6-7; Heb 4: 1-13; 11:6, 24-28).
Recognizing that faith is a total response to God by which the daily provisions the Lord has furnished in Himself are appropriated, I therefore make the following decisions of faith:
1. For this day (Heb 3:6, 13, 15:4:7) I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as He has revealed Himself in the Scripture – to obey Him. I confess my sin, face the sinful reality of my old nature, and deliberately choose to walk in the light, in step with Christ, throughout the hours of this day (Ro 6: 16-20; Phil 2:12-13;1 Jn 1:7,9).
2. For this day I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as revealed in the Scripture to believe Him. I accept only His Word as final authority. I now believe that since I have confessed my sin, He has forgiven and cleansed me (1 Jn 1:9). I accept at full value His word of promise to be my sufficiency and rest, and will conduct myself accordingly (Ex 33:1; 1 Co 1:30; 2 Co 9:8; Phil 4:19).
3. For this day I make the decision of faith to recognize that God has made every provision so that I may fulfill His will and calling. Therefore, I will not make any excuse for my sin and failure(1 Th 5:24).
4. For this day I make the decision of faith deliberately to receive from God that provision which He has made for me. I renounce all self-effort to live the Christian life and to perform God’s service; renounce all sinful praying which asks God to change circumstances and people so that I may be more spiritual; renounce all drawing back
from the work of the Holy Spirit within and the call of God without; and renounce all nonbiblical motives, goals, and activities which serve my sinful pride.
a. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my cleansing from the old nature, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of Christ accomplished for me in the crucifixion. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “put off the old man” (Ro 6:1; 1 Co 1:30; Gal 6:14; Eph 4:22).
b. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my enablement moment by moment to live above sin, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the resurrection so that I may walk in newness of life. I confess that only God can deal with my sin and only God can produce holiness and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “Put on the new man” (Ro 6: 1-4; Eph 4: 24).
c. I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my deliverance from Satan and take my position with Him in the heavenlies, asking the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the ascension. In His Name I submit myself to God and stand against all of Satan’s influence and subtlety. In cooperation with and dependence upon God, I obey the command to “resist the devil” (Eph 1:20-23; 2:5; 4:27; 6:10-18; Col 1 :13; Heb 2:14-15; Ja 4:7; 1Pe 3:22; 5:8-9).
d. I now sincerely receive the Holy Spirit as my anointing for every aspect of life and service for today. I fully open my life to Him to fill me afresh in obedience to the command to “be filled with the Holy Spirit” (Eph 5:18; Jn 7:37-39; 14:16-17; 15:26-27; 16:7-15; Ac 1:8).
Having made this confession and these decisions of faith, I now receive God’s promised rest for this day (Heb 4:1-13). Therefore, I relax in the trust of faith, knowing that in the moment of temptation, trial, or need, the Lord Himself will be there as my strength and sufficiency (1 Co 10:13).
From the book ‘THE ADVERSARY’ by Marc Bubec.